Monday, December 11, 2006

Weird Things About Me You May Or May Not Care To Know

It’s late. I’m tired but can’t sleep. So what pops into my head? Well nothing at first but eventually I start thinking about all the things that make me weird (or should I just say unique). Here goes…

1. I’m an ambidextrous freak. I write left-handed so I guess that qualifies me as a lefty. But, that and eating are about the only things I do with my left hand. For the rest of life’s activities, I’m right-handed. Throw. Bat. Guitar. Scissors. You name it, most likely I do it or use it with my right hand instead of my left. I even sit in right-handed desks in class. I’ve still got the left-handed thinking though. I usually see things differently than the rest of my righty family (oddly enough that applies to politics as well).

2. Standing with my arms relaxed, my right arm naturally hangs close to my side while the left hangs farther away from my body.

3. I can cross all of my fingers on one hand simultaneously and without help from my other hand – index with middle, ring with pinky. I can even do this with both hands at the same time. Check me out! I have never met anyone else who can do this.

4. When I was young, a lady who lived just up the road died in a freak car accident in Dallas. I didn’t know her very well, but this traumatized me. It left me deathly afraid of cars and driving. It affected me so greatly that I would (and still do to a lesser degree) worry about my parents getting into a wreck whenever they went somewhere without me. If they were gone longer than they said they would, I expected the worst. And when I was getting to the age when I could take driver’s ed, I was still scared to drive and had actually never driven a car on the road (and never had much of a desire to do so either). I ended up taking driver’s ed when I was 16, a year after most people my age did. I drove a car on the road for the first time the day before the actual driving portion of the course. I did fine though as the fear from my childhood made me a very cautious driver. I no longer fear driving, but to this day whenever I ride with someone in their car especially in the backseat, I have to constantly look ahead at what’s going on. I don’t have to drive, but I can’t simply sit back and enjoy riding with someone else. I’m always on alert. I’m getting better about it though as the years pass. And to think I’m obsessed with cars now…

5. I once had a nice ass, got several complements from girls. Only problem was that it was accompanied by a sizable belly and flabby arms and legs. When those decided to move out, the ass went with them and only remnants of the belly remained. Why the ass had to go is beyond me. I miss it.

6. I talk to myself when I’m in my car alone. I’ll talk about anything – my life, my friends, my family, my crushes, my classes, my future, other drivers, other drivers’ cars, people’s houses, music, or whatever pops into my mind. Sad part is I frequently crack myself up. Yes, I laugh at myself. While I’m talking to myself. But give me a break. It gets boring being in a car alone for 2 hours each day. I’ve got to entertain myself somehow so I don’t drift off into a daze. Music gets old – radio stations play the same shit over and over to the point that I want to crash my car into a pole just so it will stop (my luck the radio would still be playing) and I’ve listened to all my CDs a million times. I can’t jerk it while I’m driving (or at least I’m not going to try). There’s usually no one to call – most of my friends are in class, at work or still asleep (lazy asses!) during my drive. Listening to road noise grows tiring. And going to sleep just isn’t an option. So that leaves talking to myself. Yep… I’m a nut case.

Well, that’s all my drained mind can come up with. I’m sure there’s more, but these will have to do for now. You probably think I’m a psycho freak. I’m not. I’m just very disturbed. ;-)

…and tired.

I’m going to bed now.

[EDIT: I'll admit I saw this on other blogs but dismissed doing it at the time. Sleepless at 12 in the morning, it came into my mind and I decided to do it. I didn't start with a certain number in mind. It just so happens I stopped with the oh-so-popular six. - SlyD]

No comments: