Sunday, December 24, 2006

Two Days

I have two days to prepare myself to come out to my parents. I’ve set the date for the 26th of this month.

After my post late last night, I stayed up till after 3 typing the letter I will use. So far, it’s a little over two and a half pages long and still growing. It’s a very detailed account of growing up knowing I was gay and how that has affected me. It’s a powerful and personal letter. I can post an unpersonalized version of it if anyone would like to see it when I finish.

As for the plan, it will all go down on Tuesday if things go well. At some point during the day when both my mom and dad are together and in fairly good spirits, I will tell them face-to-face. I’ll talk with them and answer any questions they have. Then after they get through grilling me, I’ll tell them I’m leaving for a few hours so they can let it all sink in. As I’m leaving, I’ll give them the letter. However if things get a little shaky after I tell them, I’ll give them the letter, leave without saying when I’ll be back or where I’m going, and wait for a call from my mom (cause I would get one). I don’t think I’ll have to do that though. I hope not at least.

I can’t believe I’m finally going to do this!! I’m so excited but so nervous all at the same time! I can’t wait till Tuesday so I can get this over with, though I know it won’t be a simple process that can take place within the span of day. But, I’ll be out and just that alone will be great no matter what their reaction is! I can’t wait!!

I’ll try to post something Tuesday about how it went. Till then, merry Christmas!!

No comments: