Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A Little Bit Of Everything

Finals week is approaching – next weekand it looks like I’m going into it with very good standing. Most classes, I can bomb the final and still make an A. In fact, this semester may be the first (and probably last) time I get a 4.0! At the beginning, I never imagined that. My life was a wreck, and concentration was something I didn’t possess. I expected this semester to be the worst so far.

But, I picked my shit up and made my way through it. I hate what I went through, but looking back, it’s made me a better person in so many ways. I had my own little Enlightenment in my life this semester.

-- -- -- -- --

My brother will be getting a new vehicle this week or next – a Jeep. How gay is that? He’s trading his V8 truck in for a V6 Jeep?! What the fuck is wrong with him?

I’m just kidding. I actually like the new Jeeps but wouldn’t really care to own one and use it as a daily driver like he will. Oh well. I’ve got my car so it doesn’t matter.

I did see a list of the gayest vehicles one time and the Jeep was on it. That I’m not kidding about. I’ve always had my suspicions anyway… =)

-- -- -- -- --

Yeah, the traffic camera job... it didn’t work out. I would have had to work random shifts which would be impossible to do and go to college at the same time. So, I’ve got to look elsewhere.

I need a job soon though, so I can pay off my loan quicker (surprised I even got a loan without having a job). Plus, I seem to have developed a bad shopping habit. Just about an hour ago, I went to Target and spent almost $50… and that’s not the first time it’s happened. I guess I suddenly realized I had a little bit of money and could spend it. I need to stop before I go broke!

-- -- -- -- --

It’s kind of strange and frustrating how my dad acts sometimes. Just this past Sunday, I drove my truck to church, and my parents had to ride back with me.

My dad and I went to the truck after church was over and waited for my mom to come out (she has to talk to everyone). I was in a hurry since the sermon ran late (and boring) and I had a million things to do before I went to bed.

The truck has a bench seat. My dad was sitting on the passenger side, and I was, of course, behind the wheel. My mom finally comes out, and I tell my dad to just move over on the seat so she can get in. He says no and that that wouldn’t look right. What the fuck? Homophobe. You’re afraid to sit by your own damn son because it may not “look right”? That, my friends, is sad.

This isn’t the first time this has happened either. The roles have been reversed where I was the one moving over. Despite his objections to that, I did it anyway. I don’t care what other people think, especially people I don’t know and probably never will know. Someone is not very secure with their own sexuality.

But on this occasion, it was at night and out in the country (the others were in the daytime and in the city in my dad’s truck). We met maybe two or three other vehicles on the way home. Besides, it’s not easy to see inside most vehicles you meet on the highway at night anyway.

He needs to get over himself and stopping worrying about shit like that. I wonder if he does this at work too when all the guys have to ride together in a truck. That would make it even worse if he didn’t – worrying about sitting too close to his son almost 35 years his junior rather than sitting close to horny men around his age. Which is gayer? I bet he’ll be floored when I come out unless this whole situation came about because he already knows the truth.

No comments: