Saturday, December 30, 2006

An Update


I know the sudden dry spell may have some worried that things didn’t go well with my parents. But don’t worry. Nothing’s happened! Absolutely nothing. I still haven’t told them.

This is harder to do than I thought it would be! Plus, my motivation has done nothing but decrease as the days roll by. Had things panned out on Tuesday as I had hoped they would, I wouldn’t still be sitting in this crumby closet.

What makes coming out even harder is that my family doesn’t talk about sex at all. Never. It’s just a topic that isn’t discussed. I don’t know why. I guess they have some view that sex is such a dirty thing that it shouldn’t be talked about. I mean, we can talk shit around the dinner table but can’t talk about sex at anytime! It doesn’t make any sense and only adds up to a very uncomfortable situation for me.

Hopefully, the right moment will come soon though. But I’m having second thoughts about the timing. Should I see if I could get my own apartment before coming out? Because there are two situations I could see happening after coming out to my parents: 1) they don’t care what I do anymore and would be glad for me get my own apartment just so they don’t have to hear me talk about being gay. 2) they would want to have their eyes on me at all times and the chance of getting an apartment becomes zero. I wish situation #1 would happen in a way. I would LOVE to have my own apartment and get out of my parents’ house (and away from their prying eyes). Plus, I might start to develop one of those things I’ve heard called a social life (?!).

It’ll all work out in the end… whenever that may be.

-- -- -- -- --

I hope everyone has had a great 2006! Have a safe and happy New Years! Here’s to a kickass 2007!! =)

4 comments:

Anthony said...

Get your apartment first...

Anthony - Journey Through Divorce

Jeremy in Austin said...

But make sure you can afford your own apartment too. If it goes badly and they cut you off you want to make sure you can still pay the bills. My New Year's starting now I guess since I just popped the cork on some champagne!

A Lewis said...

Hey there, thanks for the "Shit" link to my site....you're awesome. Got so many comments on that. Take your time, my friend. Don't deny yourself but definitely make sure it happens at your own pace. And also that things are in place when you do: job, place to live, car, etc. We're thinking about you and wishing you inner peace.

Spider said...

SlyD - here is hoping that 2007 bring you a sense of peace, a new apartment and an entire new life!