Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Home Alone With Nothing To Do

I awoke this morning to a quiet, empty house. I love it! It’s rare to have any peace and quiet or any time alone. But, I quickly grew bored after checking out a few of my favorite sites and blogs, watching an episode of My Super Sweet 16 (Why don’t they ever have a gay version? They would definitely have some drama then!), and of course eating. So what did I do?

Go for a drive!

My car needed some gas, so I decided to go fill it up. Exciting, I know! The nearest gas station – hell the only one for a good 10-15 miles – is just up the road from my house, a five minute drive at the most. But I went the long way through all the fun, curvy country back roads! I knew just the one, too. It’s got plenty of curves – big, sweeping high-speed curves all the way down to 15 mph, hairpin curves. And there’s usually not many people on the road either! That is my recipe for some fun!

Needing to test out my car’s handling abilities, this was the perfect road. I didn’t push it too hard, but it did very good for such a large car. I found out I need new brake pads, and a strut tower brace wouldn’t hurt things either. I will probably be back tomorrow to give it another go and I may go down an even curvier road! Anyone wanna take a ride with me?

Oh yeah, I did finally make it to the gas station. Twenty-five dollars to fill it up. Not bad considering it was well under half a tank!

Hope everyone has fun in these days leading up to Christmas! Be sure to scope out some curvy roads to help remove some of that stress and replace it with a smile on your face! =)

And you thought this was going to be a nasty post...

No comments: