Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Ramblings – Part 2

About the Halloween party – I don’t know what to go as. The hostess suggested a mad scientist (yes, there is a reason behind that), but I’m not sure. Hell, I’m still not even sure I’m going. I thought about going as a nerd but decided against that because most people wouldn’t know what I was supposed to be. I got a brilliant idea for a costume a few days ago but there’s no way I could get it made in time for Saturday. I would go as a closet! I would be in the closest! I would literally dress as a closet. The closet would have a door on the front that you could open and see me in the closet complete with clothes hanging in there too. I think it would be funny as hell! I have no clue how I would make it though. That will have to be held off until next year anyway so I’ll have plenty of time to figure it out (or find someone who could make it for me).

So I don’t know what I’ll be if I go. I’ll probably call B today if I get out of class in time. I know she would love it if I came, no matter what I came as.

-- -- -- -- --

I’ve got a plan to move out of my parents’ house.

It’s called night classes.

I planted the seed yesterday. Registration for the spring is coming up very soon. I was looking online at the classes I’ll have to take and found that I’ll probably have to take at least one night class. I told my mom this and added in some dread to spice things up (I actually wouldn’t mind a night class if it wasn’t a completely boring or overbearing subject). I’ll have to put up the I-need-an-apartment-because-the-drive-would-probably-literally-kill-me argument. I’ve already told her that I would love to get an apartment. She knows that. She also knows that I absolutely hate the drive to and from college. I really think I would be much better off if I did get an apartment near campus (we don’t have dorms – that shows how just small the college really is). Now I've just got to convince my parents of that.

Maybe if I stir all of that together real good, it will bake to perfection – golden brown! The only ingredient I don’t have enough of to complete the recipe is money.

-- -- -- -- --

I love rainy days. It’s the driving in those rainy days that I hate.

The wiper blades on my car suck and need replacing. This morning I had to drive looking through a clouded windshield because the wipers wouldn’t clear the rain off. They only seem to be smearing it, if that makes any sense. That made driving – especially in the city – really fun! I hope the rain stops before I have to drive home. I’ve still got a few hours so there is a chance it will stop or at least slack off some. I think it supposed to be raining the rest of the day and through the night into tomorrow though. Oh joy.

No comments: