Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Is This A Sign Or Something?

It seems like everywhere I’ve turned lately I’ve seen the guy from my history class. I used to only see him during class. Now I can’t even walk across campus without seeing him (and believe me it’s not a far walk at all). Is life teasing me or is this a sign for me to take action?

I know. I know. Just yesterday, I said he didn’t consume my life. He doesn’t – I’m just looking for ways to see that he does.

He seems really shy like me. I’ve only seen him talk to someone else once. Every time I see him, he’s alone too. And in class, he sits alone. I may be shy too but that does one thing for me – makes me understand how that debilitating illness works. I’m shy but I’m not stupid. I could probably work the shy side of him. I think I could pull that off. The only problem I see is meeting him and finding out what I need to know (gay or not gay) while not coming off as being flirty or anything in case things don’t work out (we could still be friends though… friends with benefits). While my shyness can’t be turned on and off like a light switch, there are times when I can suppress it and now may be the time I need to do just that. Maybe I need to make some Bold Moves of my own.

No comments: