Thursday, October 26, 2006

Down In The Valley

Well, I’m sick of the normal gloom and doom I post on here. It’s no wonder all the people that stumble on to here never return.

The problem is there’s not much to report except for the gloom and doom in my life – that’s all it’s been lately with the exception of the Halloween party invite. My life is in one of those deep valleys again and that party may be just the thing to help me climb out of it… or at least forget about it for a while. I know of one person who could probably instantly pull me out of that valley, too. I’ll let you figure out who that is.

I wish I could be happy and cheery on here. I really do. But, my life’s not that way right now and I don’t feel like acting like it is. I had to really think to come up with a new highlight of the week and it’s basically the same thing it’s been. Drama of the week, huh. I could write a book just over what’s happened in the last week! I’m glad I took a fairly light load this semester. I would be in the nut house for sure by now if I hadn’t.

Next semester, I will be taking a full load though. In fact, I’ll have one day when I’m in class almost solid from 9-9. That’s thanks to a lab and a night class being on the same day. No class on Friday though! It’ll be the first time I don’t have class everyday of the week since I started. I’m actually excited about the spring semester. I’ll finally be getting down to business with my major (finally getting out of the basics) and getting deep into my business minor (see filler classes to keep me full-time – I figured I might as well go for a minor while I’m at it, a little business sense never hurt anyone anyway).

There’s one class that I’m looking forward to that I never thought I would – English, specifically fiction. It’s not the actual class, though; it’s the professor. She is awesome or so I’ve heard. I accidentally found her blog yesterday (coincidentally after I had decided on taking her English class – I seriously wasn’t looking for it). She seems incredibly caring, kind and open-minded (that last one is not a common trait in this area). I already love her and I haven’t even taken her class yet! I never thought I would be so excited over an English class of all things! College English has kind of kicked my ass thus far (responsible for my two lowest grades). I know. It’s my fault for those grades. I’ll admit I didn’t work as hard as I could have in those classes. Being a science major, English is not my cup of tea. I have trouble “getting into it” and writing a formalized essay (give me a personal essay with little constraints and I’ll kick ass on it). Maybe this professor will help with that. She seems like the wish-she-was-my-mom type. I can’t wait!

This semester’s still dragging along but at an alarming rate. There’s only a month and a half left of it! It’s flown by me. It seems like just last week it started and we’re over halfway through it! But, this semester’s been a waste for me. And, it’s all my fault. My decision prior to classes starting to change my major (and the classes I was registered for at the time) then change it back the very next day to what it originally was caused me to miss a vital class this semester. This class is the prerequisite to just about everything else I have to take. Someone was clearly watching the class like a hawk (it was full) and jumped in before I could add it back the next morning (the system is shut down overnight). So, this semester was filled with filler classes. Only some (well most now that I’ve decided to minor in business) are required. This will come back to screw me over though. Later on when I need to take these classes to stay full-time (scholarships require it in case you’re wondering why that’s so important), I will have already taken them. Oh well. I’ll deal with that when it gets here. I could always take five PE classes!

It’s off to my history class now though! *grin* Wish me some balls!

No comments: