Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Served

I called my aunt yesterday to set up a time for me to get my hair cut (she owns a hair salon). I wasn’t going to ask her about my cousin then because I knew she had customers in there at that time of the day and couldn’t talk about it. Luckily though, she got me in last night as her last appointment! Sounded to me like she just wanted to talk and was willing to stay late to do so!

To give you a little bit of background on the whole situation, my aunt is not my cousin’s actual mom… and you would know it to be around my cousin. He doesn’t treat her bad so much as he just ignores her and snaps off to her any chance he gets. My aunt doesn’t come out sparkling either. She doesn’t know how to handle my cousin since he’s so different from her own kids, so she just lets him be most of the time… lets his dad handle him. His dad is basically all talk and my cousin knows that. It goes much deeper but that’s the jist of it.

So during my hair cut (which reached into an entire hour), my aunt didn’t say much about my cousin. Usually, she would talk my head off, but last night she was oddly quiet most of the time. She did tell me that they were served papers yesterday to go to court over the amount of absences my cousin has racked up. She seems convinced it would be best for him to go ahead and drop out and get a job to help support his baby girl (almost a year old I think). I find myself agreeing with her after what all she told me, but we’ll have to see what unfolds after the court date.

My cousin was gone yesterday so I wasn’t able to talk to him, and today I’ve been studying for my chemistry mid-term I have tomorrow (midterm already – doesn’t seem like it!). Though I don’t think talking to him would help much now that he’s gotten himself tangled up in the legal system, I may pay him a visit this weekend.

As my aunt said, “hun if he was mine, I would have spanked his ass and taken his little truck away.” If he was mine, I would have whooped his ass, sold his truck, and watched every morning as he stepped onto the school bus. His ass would go to school and I would make damn sure he stayed all day too! Pissed off or not, he would be at school and he would just have to like it. We all do things we don’t particularly like, but we just have to tough it out. He could learn a thing or two about that.

-- -- -- -- --

As for me, I did actually fall. It hurts like crazy too! My entire body hurts… still! What does a broken rib feel like? I landed hard on my right side and my ribs are hurting pretty bad on that side.

6 comments:

A Lewis said...

Maybe he just needs the Spanking of the Ass part of the deal from his handsome cousin? Oh, and the truck thing too.

Anonymous said...

Broken ribs are VERY painful - usually with every breath there is a sharp pain. My Dad broke his in a car accident in my youth.

As for your attitude toward your cousin, I am about to nominate you to honorary membership in "Geezers Anonymous". LOL! You sound like me! Many folks have not learned the truth of life that sometimes there are things we have to do whether we like/want to do them or not.

Jack said...

I would get myself checked out if I were you.

As for your cousin, you describe what the movies make middle America to be, high school dropout with a kid , no job or a meaningless one, drinks and beats his wife cause he'll blame her for ruinning his dreams.

Ask him why he skipped school.
Does he have a plan?
Will he go back next year?

Your aunt should have treated him as her own. How old was he when she came into the family?

Your uncle should see that what he's doing doesn't help your cousin at all.

After talking to him, give him hell and let him know how stupid his actions are.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Your aunt sounds like a very down-to-earth woman! LOL

I hope your ribs aren't broken! Best wishes to feel better soon.

SlyD said...

Joel, sorry about replying so late - my aunt came into the picture when my cousin was just going into junior high so about 7 years ago. It's just a messy situation.

Spider said...

Hurt to breathe? Hurt to cough? Hurt to laugh? May have broken one - nothing you can do about it - they can't cast you and no doctor wraps for broken ribs anymore... 1-2 months healing time... sorry sunshine!