Monday, January 29, 2007

What They Didn’t Say

I’ve been so focused lately on what my parents did say that I completely ignored what they did not say.

I never thought about it until a little while ago when I was in the shower (aka the Great Thoughts Generator). Yea, my parents asked my bro if he was gay but that was it! Nothing came after that. No ‘because if you are, we’ll kick you out.’ No ‘we’ll disown you.’ Nothing! NOTHING!!!

Plus when my mom popped the question to my bro, it seemed to be an afterthought even with her condescending tone. It was like she was telling my bro what my dad had said and then just tacked on a ‘oh, you’re not, are you?’ at the end.

Maybe I’m overanalyzing this again – I have a tendency to do that with things – but this could be just as monumental as my mom’s silence a few weeks back. Laying the foundation for things to come, I guess.

-- -- -- -- --

My classes are going along good so far. I have my first test in accounting tomorrow! Not sure how it will go!

The Gay-Straight Alliance meeting on campus is next week! I’m prepping my friends for my absence during common hour that day so they won’t suspect anything. I feel so bad doing that though! I’ve ditched them once to hang out in the library (unfortunately not with tgimhc) and I’m going to do it again tomorrow to study for accounting. They never call to check on me when I don’t show up during common hour… I always call them if they don’t show. Maybe that says something about our friendship. Of course, I am hiding something from them so who am I to be questioning all that? We do all have our secrets though.

3 comments:

Paul said...

In reality what your parents didn't say says a lot.

I believe that you may first want to talk to your brother.

john said...

Wow~~I missed this and the last post. I'm usually good about checking.
I'm so sorry about what your brother is going thru. If he isn't, then it's worse.
Are you sheltered from your father's barrage of accusations because maybe you are a favorite? Or maybe you are just masculine and so can hide it well.

Ryan said...

i agree with paul talk 2 him be there 4 him. more than anything love him 4 who he is and not what he is.