Sunday, January 07, 2007

With A New Semester

…comes new things and new people. And late New Year’s Resolutions!

This semester my classes have fallen just so perfectly that I have no classes on Friday and my MW classes don’t start until noon. So since I’ll have the entire morning to do whatever on Mondays and Wednesdays, I hereby declare (makes me feel special to say that!) my late New Year’s Resolution to be to go to the local track in the morning each Monday and Wednesday and maybe Friday and do a little walking/jogging/running (weather permitting). I’m bad out of shape. Not obese mind you. Just out of shape. At almost 5’11” and weighing around 140, I’m probably underweight. My goal is to be able to climb the four flights of stairs to my math class this semester without walking into class huffing and puffing out of breathe like I did last semester with my history class (but remember who was in my history class? It made the climb well worth it!).

I’ve got to stop being so damn shy too! That’s another NYR. I’m going to actually have to talk to the people who sit by me in my classes!! Be the first to speak! I usually wait for them to talk to me and sometimes we both just sit there like dumbasses in complete silence since we’re both afraid to speak! It has to stop!! I’m breaking through my shell! I’m done with it! They won’t be able to shut me up!!

And this semester, I will finally try to get a little more involved in stuff around campus. There are a few organizations I’ve been eyeing for a while but never took the step to go check them out. Specifically, I’ll definitely be going to the Gay-Straight Alliance meetings. My brother graduated in December, so I don’t have to worry anymore about him seeing me going to the meetings. I’ve talked with the advisor for the group through email and she’s really great. I just never went to any of the meetings… even after I told her I would (oops!).

But most importantly, I MAY BE GOING TO GERMANY THIS SUMMER!!!!! The college has a two-week study abroad program that goes to Germany every summer. And I may be going!! I’m SO excited!!! I’m trying to talk one of my friends into going with me if I do go so we could go to some other places in Europe after the program ends (cause I’m not going to do that by myself – this little country boy would get so lost and no one would ever find him). Once the semester starts, I’m heading straight to the guy who’s over the program to talk to him about it. I really hope I can go!! That would be so amazing!!! I’ve always wanted to go to Europe and never thought it could possibly happen this early in my life!!! Can you tell I’m excited?? Euro boys are cute!!

I never thought I would say this, but I’m actually ready for the spring semester to start. All this alone time really is driving me insane! Still have a week though. Bring it on! I’m ready for ya!!

[ I’m really hyper today as you can probably tell… and Lewis, no you really didn’t corrupt me any. I was already corrupt! =) ]

5 comments:

john said...

Wow, I just posted a comment on your last post, and when I came back to the main page this popped up!!
Good luck with the new semester. Good luck with the Gay-Alliance group. I never had the courage to join.
It's only in blogland that I'm out.

A Lewis said...

Sorry that I gave you unholy thoughts in church! I'm such a bad boy!

steve'swhirlyworld said...

Go to Europe if you can. They ususally have pretty good package deals in college...cheaper than what you can get on your own. Have fun with the semester - meet people, don't be shy! My undergraduate years were some of the best years I had...I made life-long friends - even 25 years later I'm still in touch with them.

Ryan said...

aww good luck with the new semester! gay alliance good idea i help start the 1 one in my school b4 i finish.

Spider said...

Sounds like a really exciting semester coming up! Make it a great one!