Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Freezing On The First Day

My eyes scan the campus walkways.

There! Right there!

My heart starts beating faster.

I can’t look… not directly at least. I just keep talking to AP on my cell phone as I walk past him around to one of the pillars of the building.

Quick glances.

I end the conversation with AP after I realize I’m mindlessly saying words to her and not actually listening to anything she’s saying. My thoughts are occupied by something else… or I should say someone else.

I hang up the phone and head inside to do what I had originally intended to do (officially changed my major). I walk by him. He’s on the phone. I want to just grab him and drag him over to one of the “private studying rooms” in the library to have my way with him. That would be hot!

So, lucky me… I get to see the guy in my history class on my first day back! Hopefully, it won’t be the last time to see him either. He is so hot… I can barely take my eyes off of him (that is if I ever look directly at him)! Maybe someday I’ll develop the balls to go talk to him.

-- -- -- -- --

Ok, today wasn’t so bad. Just damn cold! I don’t think it ever got over 35 here. Just two days ago the highs were in the 70s! That’s Louisiana weather for you though! And tonight, there’s a chance of snow. Yes, snow! By the end of the week, the high will probably be back up around 70 or 80…

I had three classes today – chemistry, accounting and a computer course. Accounting is going to be tough! The professor seems like a bitch but a bitch who knows her stuff. The others shouldn’t be too bad… though the professor for the computer class is a whack job. Tomorrow, I have an economics and a statistics class… if they’re not canceled because of snow.

[By the way, I took that picture on the way home today… almost ran off the road doing it too! It’s related to absolutely nothing in this post, but I just thought I would add it to spice things up a little. Bonus points if you can tell me what road that is!!]

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey, I don't know what road that is, but I admire you for taking that photo. I can barely tune the radio when I'm driving.

I have an accounting course this semester too. We can commiserate together.

Yeah, and get a picture of the hot boy, will ya?

steve'swhirlyworld said...

It's NOT I-10 or I-49...or I-20...it's a two-laner, so I'm not sure...narrow down where you are in the state.

SlyD said...

northwest

Hint - it runs north and south

SlyD said...

Here's the full picture. Maybe it will help some.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99955100@N00/360835868/

Let me know if that doesn't work.

durante, I'll see what I can do about a pic of him!

A Lewis said...

The weather is crazy everywhere right now.....
Keep on studying, man. Keep it up. And, for god's sake, stop fooling around taking pics when you're driving....unless they are naked ones!

john said...

There is a guy at my gym that I can't take my eyes off.
I know what you mean about being nervous when the guy is around you.

john said...

Hi Sly-D. That was my comment--the one about the guy at my gym. I have no idea why it signed me in that way--no access to my profile and without my pic thing.