Thursday, November 02, 2006

Three Months

Wow! Almost three months and still going! And still no one visiting! Yeah! *pants self on back*

Anyway, no Goat yet. I’m still waiting on my mom to call the bank (she used to work there and can hopefully get a better rate).

I’ve been bugging her about calling (or her not calling – she was supposed to call Monday and oh look, it’s Thursday). I’ve pissed her off almost everyday this week talking about it, so I thought I would use a more humorous approach to reminding her to call.

Last night, I got several sticky notes and wrote messages on them to put in her car. The best was spelling “bank” with the letters mirrored (yes I had to right it the correct way and then the mirrored way – my mind’s not that sharp) to put on the back window, so when she looks in the rearview mirror, she would see “bank.”

Well, my mom leaves this morning, suspiciously without coming back inside to say something about the messages I left in her car. Over five minutes after she had left, my cell phone rings. It was my mom. She was dying laughing! She hadn’t looked in her rearview mirror until that point (kind of scary, huh?). She loved it! She said she expected nothing less than something like that from me and for the first time, asked me directly about how much money I would need for the car. So hopefully this worked!

-- -- -- -- --

Yesterday evening, my dad and I had to help my uncle trail a deer he had killed behind our house (remember I live in the sticks). It was dark. It was cold. It was raining. And I loved it!

I love wandering around in the woods especially at night (though not so much in the rain on a cold day). I know the woods almost like the back of my hand. In the event that I do get lost, I just head east, south or west and I’ll soon come out to a road. But I wouldn’t get lost back there, would I?

Oh but I’m supposed to be looking for blood. Yeah.

Luckily, we (or they – I wasn’t looking very hard) found the deer quickly as the rain was only getting heavier as time went on. One problem though – we didn’t know where we were or how to get back to where we came in. So, we started heading toward a nearby back road… or so we thought. Come to find out later, we were actually heading away from it (I wasn’t in the lead – not my fault).

We walked, dragging the deer along with us, for several minutes until my dad and I both started seeing things that looked very familiar. I knew we had to be getting close to the small creek – a clear sign our house was not far from there – because of the way the land is around it (up a small hill then down into the creek bed). My dad found an old fire lane further cluing us in to where we were. Following the fire lane, we began to see a flicker of a street light up the hill on the other side of the creek. Knowing where we were, I recognized it as the light in our backyard. I told my know-it-all uncle this. He replied saying it couldn’t be because we were headed in the opposite direction. Ha! Sorry you don’t know these woods and have a general sense of what direction you’re heading like I do (most of the time at least). Finally, we come upon one of our 4-wheeler trails, and we knew exactly where we were (except for my uncle who was still clueless).

They sent me to go get our 4-wheeler to bring the deer out on. So, I ran out of the woods all the way to our backyard at which point I had to stop or I would collapse. After walking the rest of the way to the house (we have a large yard) to get the key, I hopped on the 4-wheeler – still panting from my run (I’m so out of shape) – and flew back to where they had stopped. At last, we got the deer out of the woods. We were all soaked – me the most from driving the 4-wheeler – and freezing. But, that damn deer was out of the woods and is now getting processed!

The worst part – I don’t even like deer meat…

-- -- -- -- --

I’ve decided to set a few goals for myself. They’re really important to me and I’m going to try my damnedest to meet them.

Goal #1: Come out to my parents before Christmas, preferably before Thanksgiving.

This is an immensely important goal to me. The sooner it’s met, the better. But, I have to go with the flow on this one. There may not be an appropriate time to come out before then. I don’t know. But, I would think there would be – whether I’ll seize the opportunity when it presents itself is another matter.

Goal #2: Pop some cherries!

Yep, those cherries are mine, too. No set timetable for this but before the end of the year would be great (hell, tomorrow – even tonight – would be great). But, I’m not going to be a horny little bastard who rides the first cock he sees (or at least try not to be). This is also a waiting-for-the-right-moment goal. I don’t care so much about when it happens as I do about it being with the right person.

So, there are my goals. I’ll report back when either one is achieved… whether you really want to know about it or not (though I know you do).

No comments: