Friday, November 24, 2006

New Car

It’s finally over. I got a new car today. Well actually, it’s used, but it’s new to me.

I love the car! It has so many little, unexpected things (example: the driver’s side door unlocking when you take the key out). I can tell already that my eyes will be on the driver info display more than they will be on the road. Got to make sure I’m getting good gas mileage! Speaking of that, it’s got a torque-happy V6 that gets the gas mileage of a 4-cylinder.

I just got back from taking it for a nighttime stroll. Those red lights covering the dash look great! It’s a big, heavy car, but it’s amazingly fun to drive. And, the seats are awesome. They’re soft with the perfect touch of firmness and hug you when you sit in them. The stock sound system is good enough to suit my needs. The steering wheel is fat and fits almost perfectly in my hand (though not as good as my Focus’ small super-fat wheel did), plus it has all the audio controls on it. The gauges are gigantic and insanely easy to read. All the controls are close and easy to reach. The automatic climate control works much better and more conspicuously than the one in the Fusion did (all of a sudden, WHOOSH!!! – scared the living shit out of me the first time it did that). Overall, it’s a great car.

If you had told me when I started looking for a new car that I would have the car I have now and love it as much as I do, I would have thought you were crazy. I never expected to end up in the car I did. It’s not exactly the car most people would picture me driving anyway… most people my age wouldn’t want to be caught dead in one (they’re just missing out). But, I fell in love with it the minute I sat in it… driving it only reaffirmed my love affair with it. That sleek roofline didn’t hurt either. I just love this car!

Besides, it’s only a distant cousin of the GTO… but with four doors, front-wheel drive, and a V6.


-- -- -- -- --

By the way, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I know I did! I didn’t eat too much either. I only gained half a pound. It probably would have been more if my aunt had cooked the turkey all the way. Oh well. I still had fun hanging with my family and joining everyone else in avoiding my grandpa’s hunting stories. The only thing that would have made it better was if we had gotten a Rook game going. Oh yeah.

No comments: