Tuesday, November 07, 2006

GSA

I’m over the loss of the Goat. I’ve moved on now… just so you know.

I’m probably going to the GSA meeting here on campus today. I feel I’ve got to do something or at least meet some other gay people. Maybe the guy in my history class will be there (I’ll admit it – that’s the main reason I want to go).

I hope it’s all right and not weird. I’m still a little uncomfortable discussing all that stuff. But, the sponsor is really nice. I’ve emailed her a few times, and she’s been great.

One of my fears in going is walking in and seeing someone I know. Worst yet is word getting back to my parents about me going to the meeting. I’m almost ready to come out, but I want to be the one initiating the conversation, not them. There aren’t many people here who know me, but I’ve seen first hand how quickly things can get back to my parents… no matter how well it seems to be covered up.

No comments: