Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Whoosh!!

I walk full-force into the first set of doors leading out of the library. I love doing that! And the librarians probably hate me for it because it makes that loud whooshing noise!

I sprint over to the building my next class is in while the thoughts of what I just read fill my mind. I get inside the quiet, deserted stairwell of the building and take my sweet time climbing up to the top (fourth) floor, my thoughts getting deeper with every step.

In that moment, things would have happened – sparks would have flown – had I been in the right place with the right people. But I was alone. There was nothing I could do.

Every step I take rings through the dark, lonely stairwell. I finally get to the top as my steps suddenly become hushed and an eerie silence falls as the echoes of my footsteps fade away. I slowly – almost hesitantly – walk to the door and fling it open. The bright light from the hallway spills into the dreary stairwell as I walk out and hear the door slam closed behind me.

No comments: