Sunday, February 11, 2007

Skip-Bo

Not much has happened lately, not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. Mostly it’s been school, school, and a little bit more school. Very exciting stuff.

So there’s nothing really to report, but it’s been Wednesday since I posted anything. It feels strange to have gone that long without any post action. Gotta get me some or I’ll go crazy!

About the only thing outside of school work I’ve done is going to my grandparents (on my dad’s side) last night to play cards, namely Skip-Bo. My whole family went. If it weren’t for my grandparents and their obsession with card games, I would not be the card shuffling whore I am today. And I’m sure that would be a bad thing.

We played partner Skip-Bo like we always do. My grandma and I were one team, my grandpa and brother were another team, and finally my mom and dad were a team. The reigning champs are my grandma and I. We’re a force to be reconned with in Skip-Bo! We’ve won more games than the other two teams combined. We’re just that good and we never let them forget it! =)

My grandma’s good about playing off our piles and I’ve become known as the cut-throat player. Give me any chance to cut someone else’s play off and I’ll take it. Be aggressive! B-E aggressive!! With our special skills combined, we’re obviously a powerful team.

But even with all of our tactics, we got beat last night. We played four rounds. The first three had each team winning once and we just couldn’t stop playing without determining a winner! That just wouldn’t be right! Round four was a tense battle, but my mom and dad flew under the radar to win. There’s always next time!

And despite my best efforts, I couldn’t convince any of them to play Rook! The last time I played was in July and I’m losing my touch here! Come on!!

Anyone up for a few good hands of Rook sometime?

6 comments:

Spider said...

I am ALWAYS up for a good game of Rook - your place or mine?

Anonymous said...

Remind me never to play cards against you. With you maybe, but never against. LOL!

A Lewis said...

Sounds like Grandma and her Boy are total card hounds....and really know how to kick ass. Right on.

Brad said...

We usually play Spades, but I could play some Rook...

SlyD said...

Spider - definitely your place! You gonna pick me up at the airport when I get there? =)

john said...

I've played Skip-Bo.
I don't know how to play Rook though.