Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It’s Bad When Even The D-Tour Has A Detour

It’s time for me to take a break (detour?). My lack of anything worth posting lately has been a clue to me. Plus, I’ve realized I’ve become a little too obsessive over this blog and I need to get my life back in check. I’ve become addicted to the internet as well. I’ve been neglecting my school work, my family and friends, and myself just to be on the internet. That has to stop. I’ve got to get a hold back on my life again. There are just things in my life I need to take care of that aren’t being taken care of right now, so I must step away for a little while.

This isn’t the depression-fueled shit from a few weeks ago. I’m not depressed now. I feel very good in fact and I think I’ll feel even better after I back off a little. I’m doing this because I need to, not because my emotions are running wild like before. I think it’s just the best thing for me to do now. I hope you understand.

I’m not sure when I’ll be back – I will be back though – but I’ll still try to check everyone’s blog regularly. I’ll also still check my email and be on Yahoo from time to time, so you’ll still be able to contact me if you happen to need to.

Thanks for everything and for putting up with all of my crazy rambling! Ya’ll mean so much to me!! (Say that with a country twang to get the full effect!)

With lots of love, hugs, and kisses from the closet,
-SlyD

See you around!

6 comments:

Jack said...

I understand what you mean. I was in your situation about three weeks ago. I did nothing but surf and wait for comments. Blogging was the only thing that counted for me.

I decided to stop, but after two days I understood already, and I found I did have stuff to write about.

I can't say I'm not disapointed, I just found your blog, but I'll keep checking.

Take your time.

Anonymous said...

You know we'll be here waiting for you whenever you chose to surface.

And we understand. Go forth and live, D!

john said...

I understand exactly what you are saying. I've often thought of taking a break. And I think maybe I should focus on my exam for awhile. This revelation maybe just the reality check that I need to focus on start living my life, instead of just writing about it.

Spider said...

SlyD - I JUST find you and now you are taking off! PLEASE hurry back - you will be missed, and we will be here waiting for you!

Brad said...

What are we to do without the chronicles of Sly-D? My day is no longer complete, I assure you.

A Lewis said...

Hey SlyD...there's no way we'll let you off that easy. We'll be right there with you on the email and watch for your comments on our sites. And when it's just right for you, you'll be back....I feel good about that. I mean, the journey will always continue.....cheers and hugs.