Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Man In Me Wanting Out

Lately, I’ve been wanting to do a lot more masculine things (don’t take that as meaning I’m feminine – I’m not).

I’ve wanted to work on my truck, but there’s nothing really wrong with it (and I honestly hopes it stays that way). I did check all the fluids Sunday and tightened the valve covers bolts (damn Chevy – I have to do this once a month to keep oil from pouring out of them) and header bolts Monday. Yesterday, I was determined to find the cause of a rattling noise around the transmission. I got under the truck to make sure the tranny mount was still on tight. It was. I was pulling myself around under the truck using anything I could grab. I grabbed the passenger-side exhaust pipe (gotta love true duals) and heard the rattling noise. Turns out it was a loose bolt on a bracket that holds the exhaust pipe up. A little bit of tightening and the noise is gone… for now. That damn truck sure is high maintenance, but I love it. Hearing the big V8 fire up gets my blood pumping. Feeling the entire truck shake when I rev it up. Hearing the 4-barrel carb screaming when I floor it. It’s all great even if it sucks gas like crazy… but that’s why they put two tanks on it. That’s also why I don’t drive it very often or very far away when I do drive it.

I’ve also been thinking about finally going fishing with my dad. He’s been trying to get me to go with him for months now. I’ve never been crazy about fishing. Everytime I go, the fish seem to know I’m there and swim away as far as they fucking can. I usually don’t catch a damn thing and get sick of it after about an hour. But I’m willing to give it yet another try. I could ask him about going Friday and just skip my one class that day. I think there may be different plans for this weekend though (see new car), but I won’t get my hopes up.

It’s not a bad thing that I’m wanting to do these masculine things (it’s much better than the nothing I’ve been doing lately). Being around all of the girl… female friends of mine most of the time, I need a good dose of manliness every now and then to keep me sane.

And yes, I am fighting the urge to drag that further, but I don’t want to come off as insanely horny. So I’ll just leave it at that.

No comments: