Saturday, September 16, 2006

It Really Is Sad

This morning my mom was talking about some of the kids in her class and another teacher's class. She was saying one kid in her class had a grandmother who was a lesbian and another teacher had a kid with lesbian parents. She went on to say how sad that is.

I wanted to say to: "Is it really that sad? Cause your own son is gay."

But I didn't.

I don't have the balls to say that yet. I've always thought of himself as a strong person who can usually tell-it-like-it-is (unless I'm having a streak of shyness). But this issue has got me down. I can't get over it and I can't muster up the courage to tell anyone.

I know I keep bringing this topic up over and over again, but it's something that's had me very preoccupied lately. It always seems to wander into my mind no matter what I'm doing. Since I finally accepted that I am actually gay (this is a fairly recent thing too even though I always knew I was gay - I had just never completely accepted it), I've felt an overwhelming need to tell everyone. To finally break down and be who I really am and stop putting on an act for the world.

No comments: