Saturday, April 21, 2007

Fast Forward

Let me address some questions and concerns of yours first:

The brother – yes, he was told by mom the following day. My mom said she asked if he was gay and he once again denied it. He hasn’t said anything about it to me but then again he hasn’t said much of anything to me in the short time we’ve actually been together. The bf and I have decided he is still in denial! =) He’s moving in with one of his “friends” from his job next week. I have yet to meet his boyfriend his roommate and when I asked when I would be able to see his new place and meet this guy, he snapped back with some smart-ass remark… he knows I’ll see the connection between them! And luckily, it seems he nabbed all the crabbiness genes before I came along… too bad! =’(

The bf – I think the reaction he had came from him being afraid he may lose me so soon because the news I told him that morning left our future as a huge question mark… I think we were both panicking at the time… I know I was. He has been there for me through all of this since then though… the only shoulder I’ve had to lean on. He’s been just about the only thing that’s put a smile on my face the last few days. Hell, I would be in an asylum if it weren’t for him!

Moving along, everything seems to be going at warp speed! Thursday marked three weeks since the bf and I met in person and the L word’s been thrown all over the place and he’s making plans for me to move in with him next month. He’s already making plans for what we’ll do when I graduate from college… and that’s over two years away!!

Not that there’s anything wrong with this – I do love him and he does seem to genuinely love me – but it seems to be all happening too quickly. Even though I’ve never been in a relationship before this, I have watched many others and most that went so quick like this only seemed to crash and burn. I don’t want to get into this and have it blow up in my face. I hope it works out though! I know it can!

I wouldn’t be planning on moving in with him now if it weren’t for the fact that my parents are still being assholes about all of this… of course it’s only been a little over a week but we’ve already tied up once. I mean, raised voices, threatening to leave… it got pretty good! =) It all came about because my dad said I couldn’t go see the bf. You’re probably think ‘so what? you’re 20, you can do what you want.’ Yes but every vehicle I have keys to is in my dad’s name (none are in mine) and he’s told me he will call the cops on me if I run off – vehicle theft – and I don’t think it’s safe for the bf to come around to pick me up. Sad, isn’t it?

I’m so afraid that all of this bullshit will run the bf off, but he’s still here with him! He doesn’t like the fact that we don’t get to see each other very much – I don’t either – but I think he realizes that I’m trying to make this work with my parents and that at the same time they’re trying to destroy our relationship. Like he said today, my parents clearly don’t realize that all of this time apart only makes us want each other even more… and I missed him so much today!!! I just wanted to see his face!! At least we can still talk on the phone and I got to hear his voice! He had to upgrade his minutes because we’ve been talking so much!! Hehe! Sorry baby! =)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad for the update. I've been wondering how things are going. I thought maybe the parents had moved further into acceptance than they have. They are doing all the classic moves to drive you into your bf's arms and out of their lives.

It's one thing for your brother to be in denial. It's another for him to be an asshole about it.

And I'm glad he got the crabbiness genes! :)

Best wishes!

Jack said...

It does seem to be moving fast. I know it's probably a wirlwind in your head right now, but make sure to do what YOU think is best and do this for YOU no one else.

As for the car, you pay it right? Well tell him you wont pay if it's not to your name. If it doesn't work, couldn't you just get a used one? Cheap?

I'm pullin' for you!
Thinking of you!

The bro, crabby asshole cause you had the guts to do it.

Doesn't he know, united we stand?

A Lewis said...

Slow, steady, consistent, patient. Those things will serve you well. too bad about your parents not being so nice. But, again, I refer you to the four words at the top.

john said...

Wow!!
Thanks for the update. I've been wondering what has happened to you since the last post.
I'm so proud of you for coming out to your parents.
I can't give any advice since I'm not anywhere close to that point, but just know I'm here for you, cheering you on.

Cincy Diva said...

Is there no bus system where you live?

My adventures said...

it's all moving so fast, stop the world, i want to get off!!! get off... he he... i'm with lewis, slow and steady... and the age difference... and, he's making plans... not we??? hmmmm...

A Bear in the Woods said...

Sometimes it seems like events take over, the current picks us up and carries us for a while, and deposits us somewhere.
Keep your eyes on what's real, and it'll end up all right.